Sunday, July 17, 2011

Home Alone

I wasn't really home alone. But Mommy and Daddy did leave me for the first time ever, and for two whole nights! They were celebrating their 12 year wedding anniversary, which is kinda a big deal, so I guess I was okay with them leaving me for a few nights. It was also a mini-babymoon, because with my new sister arriving in less than four months, it'll be a long, long time before they can get away again sans children.

I'm not really complaining though. Nona and Poppy arrived on Friday for their one-month stay in Brooklyn. So they took care of me all weekend while Mommy and Daddy had some relaxing, romantic time away. 

It was nice to have playmates for the entire weekend.


And while I missed Mommy and Daddy, I was clearly quite happy, even in their absence.


 I was super cuddly with Poppy. 


 Really smiley with Nona.


And very proper having my afternoon tea with Auntie Kelley and Uncle Jude.


 
 I scribbled a picture for Mommy and Daddy.


And I napped unusually well.


...................................................

Sure, Mommy and Daddy enjoyed their time together.


But the whole time they were away, they felt like somone was missing from the family portrait.


I mean, of course, I'm glad Mommy and Daddy were able to go away and have a break from 5am wake-up times, temper tantrums, and dirty diapers.
 
But boy was I excited when they came back to me!


1 comment:

  1. ..and we had such a wonderful time with zadia love! she was so pleasant and loved waking up to her beautiful smile! we love you zadia love xoxo

    ReplyDelete