Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No More Pigeons!

The whole family was still in NYC on Saturday, so once the rain let up, we hiked it up to the Bronx Zoo. I waited all summer to see the giraffes and the monkeys, but things didn't exactly go as planned. Within ten minutes of being at the zoo, and while escaping a harmless pigeon, I fell flat on my face. Yup. Bloody lip, chipped tooth, and boo boos on the thumb that I so enthusiastically suck. It was not a good start to our zoo day.

It could have been a disaster of a day, but luckily Mommy spotted a theater at the zoo showing a Dora video in 4D! 

DORA and VIDEO was all I had to hear to perk up.We sat front and center--chipped tooth, swollen lip, blood-stained clothes and all.



We did still manage to see the giraffes, but it paled in comparison to seeing Dora on a big screen.


So the zoo trip didn't exactly go as planned, but it was still a fun family outing.

The important thing, of course, is that I made my fist visit to the dentist, and she says my tooth is just fine. Oh, and guess what video I was watching during my exam? DORA!


1 comment:

  1. aww my poor honey....such a brave little girl! we love you zadia love xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete