Sunday, April 20, 2014

Passover in Massachusetts

Last weekend was spent in Massachusetts. It was a double celebration of Passover and my birthday. As Aiyana would say while pursing her lips, " Zadia's birthday AGAIN?" Lucky for me, YES! 

But first we had to celebrate Passover by coloring Easter eggs. Makes perfect sense, right?


We were blessed with nice weather on Saturday so we took advantage of the big back yard. Aiyana liked the swing set best, and I wandered around collecting acorns in my backpack.





The Seder had all of the traditional components--hard boiled eggs, Nana's brisket, Grandma Marcia's matzo ball soup, and Steve's haroset. We've become picky eaters, so all I ate was matzo, and all Aiyana ate was salt water and carrots. Mommy and Daddy say we have no idea what we missed.


Normally we don't get dessert if we don't eat our dinner, but how could we be deprived of my melty ice cream cake?


We always have so much fun in Massachusetts and we just adore our cousins. Leaving actually caused a major meltdown this time. I simply did NOT want to go home and I had to be forced into my car seat.

I started feeling a little less cranky after a two-hour car nap. And I started to smile again when we stopped off in the Bronx to use the potty and discovered a stable and pony rides. Yeehaw!



We sure do love spending time with our family, even it doesn't include cake and presents for me. (But the presents, like this one from Steve and Grandma Marcia, are always welcome!) 



Love and celebrations with cousins,

Zadia Love

No comments:

Post a Comment