Thursday, April 17, 2014

Birthday Recap

We've been busy with birthday celebrations, family visits, and house guests and we've fallen a little behind on our blog posts. 

I've been four for a whole week now. But unfortunately, birthdays aren't just about candles and presents. 4-year-old birthdays also come with new responsibilities and higher expectations. As I told Mommy one day in the middle of a meltdown, "It's really tough being 4." 

But enough about that. The actual day of my birth, April 10th, was full of my favorite things.

I woke up bright and early and got to work right away on solving the clues that led to me treasure.



Mommy and Daddy bought me a pink sleeping bag, and Aiyana got me a zebra, who I appropriately named, "Softie."



Daddy went to work late so we could eat breakfast together (cereal for both of us), and Mommy cleverly lit a candle in my watermelon.




Then it was off to school in my coordinating Zebra outfit and new stuffed animal, where there was a pink crown waiting just for me.


And as if that wasn't a special enough day, we had mac-n-cheese for dinner and went out for dessert. Blue cotton candy ice cream and a candle for me, please.


Oh, and Aiyana will have the same.


My birthday was a great day, full of sweet treats, little surprises, and loving birthday wishes. 


But for now, it's back to the very difficult job of being four. 

Love, watermelon, and cotton candy,
Zadia Love

No comments:

Post a Comment