Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mud Is Not Fun

We made a spontaneous visit to the Prospect Park Zoo the other day with Ollie, his sister, and Mama. As if it wasn't bad enough that I had an accident on the way over and had to wear Ollie's shorts (and they weren't pink or purple, so you can imagine how well that went over), I then fell in the mud while trying to walk across some lily pads on the Discovery Trail. "I want to go home. Mud is not fun!" 

Mud is not fun!

I was already wearing the one spare pair of shorts between all of us (see above) when I fell knee-deep in the mud (also, see above.) So Mommy made me a sarong out of a doll blanket while she washed and dried my clothes. I kind of liked the make-shift sarong, but Mommy said my bootie was hanging out (sorry no photo) so I had to take it off and put on Aiyana's tiny shorts. I was not happy.

Miraculously, I recovered from both mishaps, and we all went on to enjoy ourselves.

Hand-peeled plums.

Aiyana, you have to get closer, like this!

Udderly cute.

"Aiyana turn."

Seriously mom, can we get a fish already?

Aiyana looking adorable wearing Ollie's shorts. (Long story.)

More of my friends showed up. Tag, you're it!

Impromptu interpretative dance performance.

This may surprise you, but I'm not the most flexible 3-year-old. Needless to say, Mommy was very proud of me for having two messy accidents and three outfit changes and still sticking it out at the zoo.

Love and field trips with my friends,
Zadia Love

1 comment:

  1. always remember, zadia and aiyana......to the moon and back! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete