Saturday, August 31, 2013

How To Get To Sesame Street

I had been looking forward to visiting Sesame Place for months. The day finally arrived last Saturday. Our friends Alec, Evan, Ollie, and baby Vivienne went on the same day, making it three times the amount of fun!

We got there right as the park opened, and pushed through with no naps, until we finally left the park at 6:30. With six kids of various ages, all with different interests, and waiting in long lines while warm and under slept, there was lots of potential for meltdowns. But to everyone's surprise, the day went off without a hitch and the day left me asking, "Mommy, can we live at Sesame Street?"

We all hit up the tidal pool and water rides first.


But after Aiyana said "I wanna ride the horsie" about sixty four times, we parted ways with our friends and found some kiddie rides.




I wanted to find Oscar so I could give him the painting I made, but I settled for hugs with Abby and Elmo. I even brought my Sesame Street characters from home and set them up in the picture with us.






We took a break for a picnic lunch, and then all the parents pushed us around in our strollers hoping we'd take naps. Only one of us did. We were just too excited. Instead, we got ice cream and a balloon and waited patiently for the Sesame parade to begin.




One of us wanted to be right in the parade.


 The parade was our favorite. We were literally dancing in the streets. 
Future amusement park workers perhaps?







As if we weren't already blurry-eyed and exhausted, we then saw "Elmo Rocks," with more dancing and singing for the whole family.



Once we got our second (or third) wind, it was time for a snack (an Elmo-shaped pretzel) and a few more rides.




I don't know what was more fun--being at Sesame Place, or going on an all-day adventure with my closest Brooklyn friends. All I know, is now that someone told me how to get to Sesame Street, I just want to go back--over, and over, and over again.

Love and furry friends.
Zadia Love

1 comment: