Monday, August 12, 2013

Boats, Treehouses, and Bikes

Mommy had a great night out with friends on Saturday, but on her actual birthday, all she wanted was a fun family day. When she asked me if I wanted to go on a boat OR to the beach, I replied smartly, "I want to go on a boat TO the beach." Good answer. But since the last beach visit had us shooing away horse flies, Mommy thought a ferry to Governor's Island was a safer bet.

It was a very long day, but with one fun discovery after another, we were excited and entertained and didn't really mind skipping our naps.

The boat ride was all that we hoped it would be.

The ferry left and we aren't on it.

Is the ferry here yet?

Birthday girl and her girls.

Beautiful views of Manhattan.

We had a blast with the kid (and environmentally) friendly sculpture installation on the island.

Re-purposed milk jug and water bottle cloud.

I can be very dangerous with a club in my hand.

If only I would keep the rubber band in my hair.

An actual tree house!?!?

Gotta love Brooklyn artists.

Popcorn lover. Hair band hater.

But perhaps the bicycle ride was the highlight of the day.

A bicycle built for four.

Co-pilot.

Kodak moment.

Thanks for making your day a celebration for the whole family. We love you Mommy!

Love and island getaways,
Zadia Love

1 comment:

  1. just can't wait to se you in a couple of days! one day we will get to see this island with you girls....we love you lots! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete