Friday, July 5, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

Saturday morning was supposed to be our beach day in East Hampton, but we woke up to clouds and rain. No sun? No problem. I suggested we make lemonade, and then despite the rain, I insisted on standing outside to sell it. 



We set up a table at the end of the driveway, but I couldn't understand why we weren't getting any customers. Mommy had to explain that there are far fewer people in East Hampton, and in fact they drive everywhere, not walk like they do in Brooklyn. So we walked up and down the street (in the rain) and tried to recruit people to buy my lemonade.


Every business woman needs a plan. So I told Mommy that if we saw adults, she could ask them if they'd like to buy lemonade, and if we saw kids, I would ask them. I said I wouldn't be shy. But we didn't see anybody, so I went back to my post to sample the lemonade while we waited for business to pick up.


And then (finally) a car drove by and Mommy flagged him down. I only asked for seven and a half coins, but our friendly neighbor gave me four dollars. And I made four more dollars after that!



I've read so much about lemonade stands in my books and was so excited to make my own. But I had no idea how much fun it could really be! Mommy can we do this every day?


Get ready Brooklyn. I make a serious lemonade and I'll be selling it on your street corner near you soon!


Love and pink lemonade,
Zadia Love

1 comment:

  1. well, these two little girls are no lemons.....they are the lemonade....and the rainbow after the rain....we love you Aiyana and Zadia xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete