Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Finally Three!

Dearest Zadia Love,

After watching all of your friends turn three, it's finally your turn! Happy Birthday Princess Zadia! 

For you, the terrible twos were actually the terrific twos. The past year has been nothing but a pleasure. I've loved watching you grow into a loving, compassionate, affectionate, perceptive, thoughtful, intuitive, articulate, and creative little girl and big sister.

I melt every time I get an unsolicited "I love you" from you (which is quite often.) I'm so proud when you give Aiyana your last carrot stick and when you offer your DogBunny to a friend when he's sad. I love that you tell me you'll miss me every morning before you leave for school. I'm impressed that you want our streets to be litter-free and that you appreciate when strangers give us the right of way on the sidewalk. I'm in awe because the baby who always wanted "more, more, more" now prefers to save half of her breakfast for a snack later in the day. You compose original songs, you invent your own games, and you select your outfits with such an artistic flare. You're adventurous and strong, but you always prefer to stay close and hold my hand. You are only three and you are already more than I could have hoped for in a daughter.

As you know, you may be getting bigger, but you will always be my baby.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Zadia Love. 

Love, 
Mommy


1 comment:

  1. WOW! So beautifully said....and so very true. Our favorite Zadia Love....there just aren't enough words......
    we love you dearly.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete