Friday, May 11, 2012

Museum Sunday

Mommy and Daddy had big plans to use our zoo membership this past Sunday and do a family trip to the Prospect Park Zoo. But I had it in my head that I wanted to go to a museum (probably because Curious George goes to the museum in one of my books), and when I have something in my head, there's no sense arguing with me. So we all boarded the B65 bus for the Brooklyn Children's Museum.


Aiyana probably doesn't remember, but she took this same trip when she was just two weeks old. This time she was a little more awake and much more interested than she was six months ago. 

There was a garden with fake dirt and super-sized vegetables.The corn husks were her favorite.


I put on my gardening apron and harvested some broccoli.


We discovered a real garden and although I was tempted, Mommy said I couldn't pick anything.

 
 And anyone that knows me knows that I love to "go shopping," so I was in my glory at the mock supermarket.


Aiyana played along well, as usual.


The water table and blue sand box were great sensory experiences.


But not as fun as the potty and the water fountains. I used the potty several times (mostly so I could use the toddler-sized sink to wash my hands afterward), and I couldn't walk by a water fountain without insisting "I'll do it by myself, DAD!"


It was well past our nap times by the time we left the museum, so Aiyana and I both got a little (or a lot) sleepy on the way home.


I had a lot of fun, but left wondering why I didn't see any monkeys. I guess next time we'll have to do the zoo!

1 comment:

  1. aww our beautiful girls! i'd love to visit this museum with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete