Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Beautiful Flower Is Born

It all happened so fast, but at 9:59am on Monday morning, after only 4.5 hours of labor, I became a big sister. Mommy got to the hospital just in time--Aiyana Eden was born twenty minutes after arriving. At a petite 6 pounds, and 19" long, she's smaller and shorter than I was. But I'm already hearing that she resembles her big sister.


Zadia Love

Aiyana Eden

Aiyana Eden

Zadia Love


Despite our similarities, Aiyana has an identity of her own.




And a name that's as beautiful as she is.



Aiyana is of Native American origin, meaning "forever flowering."

(Based on the Kiswahili name, Ayanna, meaning "beautiful flower.")



Stay tuned for more updates on my baby sister, and for word on the new blog site that she and I will share. The first of many things we'll share, I'm sure :)

1 comment:

  1. one of our little Blessings....twice as much to Love. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete