Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Steps and First Day Jitters

I know everyone's anxious to hear about my first day of school, but first things first. Aiyana took her first steps on Monday! Not even 10.5 moths old and so anxious to be independent. Yay, baby sister Aiyana!

Now back to school...

Tuesday morning got off to a rough start. When I opened my bedroom door and saw the apartment rearranged for school, I had a pretty big meltdown, insisting "This is not Daddy's house." Or my house, for that matter. So I did a lot of screaming and crying, threw some things around, and got my first day jitters out.

Here's the damaged classroom. And my favorite Olivia video in the background, which was (once again) the only thing that could snap me out of my delirious state of mind.


I did manage to pull it together enough to put on my new dress and comb my pretty hair. But I still looked pretty sad and puffy-eyed.


To everyone's relief, I came around to the idea of having school at my house, and the day got much better from there. We practiced sitting together over a snack of  yogurt, blueberries, and heart-shaped cookies that mommy and I made especially for the first day of school.


I created some abstract art on the roof.


I shared my stroller and dolls with Audrey, the only other girl in my class.


But I chose to sit out the game of "Stop and Go" because Teacher Vickie had us running in a straight line, and I wanted to run in a circle instead. Go figure.


We came back inside and I joined up with Alec and the rest of the group again to make some play dough.


In summary, the first day of school was a success for me and my friends. Stay tuned for more pics from my first week at Tiny Human Academy, where every child is a genius!

1 comment:

  1. we love you, zadia love....and we are so proud of you! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete