Thursday, July 26, 2012

Family Vacation

Mommy and Daddy (okay, it was Mommy) left our nice camera outside the other night and it got rained on. Miraculously, the camera seems to be working, but we couldn't use it for a day or two, so the only vacation photos we have are on Mommy's phone.

The family vacation in Cape Cod is going well. I love playing with our cousins, Jadon and Ronen, and Aiyana adores her silly Uncle Hillel.



The boys can be a bad influence on me at times, but other times, I'm the bad influence on them. Here they are hovering over me as I watch (yet another) episode of Olivia. They don't seem to care that it's about a girlie little pig that likes ballet and playing dress up.


Monday was our first day at the beach and it was about 50% successful. Aiyana loved it and couldn't seem to get enough. She was fascinated by the sand, and didn't seem to mind the grittiness or the flavor.


I, on the other hand, spent the first 45 minutes on the beach having the biggest tantrum of my life. Why, you ask? Because Daddy went to park the car, and that just wasn't okay. Once I finally calmed down, Daddy wiped the foam from my mouth and the sand from my thumb, and I curled up under a towel for a much-needed nap.


That was a rough start to vacation, so Mommy thought she should give me a second chance to experience the beach. So we hit the nearby bay at 7:30am this morning.


The bay was quite and peaceful, and full of traces of sea life. I found some nice shells and even stuck my feet in the water. But shortly after that, I lost my balance in the water and got my shirt wet, so that was the end of the beach for me. I was so upset that I insisted we put all the shells back in the water. So naturally, we did. Some fights just aren't worth fighting, right Mom?

And through all my drama and tantrums, Aiyana just went with the flow. I think she's a beach bum, like Mommy.




Clearly, I prefer activities that are more familiar and less wet, like the movies. And this evening's feature wasn't just any movie. It was the drive-in! I was too busy eating popcorn to pay any attention to the film, but that's okay, because Batman is a little inappropriate for a 2-year-old anyway.


1 comment:

  1. aww we love our girls! The group photo....priceless! Beautiful family!
    sending love to the extended family.

    ReplyDelete