Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Last of the Firsts

With about a dozen first birthday parties in the past few months, I finally wrapped up the party season in Virginia with my cousin Ysabella's first birthday party. She was all smiles, even though (like all of us babies) she had no idea that the whole day was all about her.


I was planning to be all prim and proper in my party dress, but I found it much more fun to show off my belly and roll around on the floor.



I love coming to Virginia for parties because there are huge backyards and tons of space to play. Ysabella seemed to love the feeling of the grass on her skin.


But as a city kid, I was a bit more skeptical about this scratchy green stuff on my bum. Other than this uncomfortable photo, I mostly stuck with the familiarity of pavement.


 The party was great though. I found myself a boyfriend and had him eating out of my hand in no time at all.


As much as I love to share, I let the birthday girl feed herself (and her Daddy.)


Ysabella and I were so tiny (and so sleepy) when we first met at this time last year.


And now we share many of our firsts with each other.


Like our first duet.


 I know we hardly notice each other now, but some day we'll wonder how we ever lived without one another.


Happy 1st Birthday, Ysabella Sophia!

1 comment: