Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Birth Day

I did it! I turned 2, and had a great time doing it! 


My big party isn't until Saturday, but Mommy made sure we celebrated Zadia Love all day today.


Daddy bought me the blue bicycle that I have been asking for.


And Mommy got me some pint-sized chairs to go with the big blue watering can on my balcony.


After presents and a blueberry pancake breakfast, it was off to the kiddie salon to get pampered.


I sat incredibly still for my haircut, and have a bouncy, curly bob to prove it.


I earned a pink balloon for my good sportsmanship at the hair salon, and practiced counting to two on my fingers.


Then it was off to the playground for a birthday swing.


I had a long nap, then zoned out to my favorite Monkey George (a.k.a. Curious George) while Mommy prepared a special dinner for me, my friend Ollie, and his Mama and Papa. 


I hadn't seen Ollie since last week, so we were super excited to have an early evening dinner date.


We played with my new cupcakes and sang "Happy Birthday" to each other over and over again. 
(Thanks for the birthday present, Cathy!)


And finally, it was time for my custom birthday dinner--hamburgers, sweet potato fries, chopped spinach salad, and pickles--all things I love. But like typical 2-year-olds, Ollie and I were too busy playing to sit and eat. 

So instead, we sang more "Happy Birthday" to each other while the adults ate.


That is, until it was cake time. I requested an apple cake, so naturally, that's what Mommy made me.


The birthday girl had the biggest piece of cake.


And we were allowed to eat it with our hands!


Yes, it was my birthday, but it was a whole family celebration.


I was exhausted so it was straight to bed for me. But not without the Happy Birthday book.


It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. oh my beautiful zadia love...so glad you enjoyed your special day! now you get to have another special day......saturday....but, we'll see you tomorrow....we can't wait!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete