Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's My Party and I'll Wear What I Want To

I woke up late from my nap on Saturday, which meant some of my party guests had already arrived. For someone who's slow to wake up and even slower to transition, the start of my party was a bit rocky for me.

Like most days,  I refused to get dressed. In the end, the only way to get me into my party dress was for Mommy and Aunt Kelley to distract me with tiaras for me and DogBunny. 


Mommy bought matching gold sandals for me to where, but of course, I refused the pretty sandals and insisted on sneakers. (Mommy didn't care too much, since they still sort of matched.)


After I made it clear that it was my party and I'll wear what I want to, my frown was turned upside down.





There were balloons.



Smooches with family and friends.


And a rainbow theme to represent my colorful personality.


Even Aiyana got into the spirit with her rainbow leg warmers.


(Which I later borrowed from her.)


Mommy made me my favorite apple cake, mini cupcakes, and homemade ice cream. Daddy says I ate six cupcakes, but mostly I just dropped the sprinkles everywhere and licked the frosting off.


I loved having my favorite people near, opening presents, and indulging in sweets. And if Mommy and Daddy thought I was a handful before, now I'm TWO big (and adorable) handfuls!


Thanks for celebrating me. xo

1 comment:

  1. we had so much fun celebrating your special day, Zadia Love.....we love you and Aiyana soooo much and look forward to the next time we can be with you. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete