Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hot Days, Cool Treats

Last week was very busy with visitors. After a fun few days with Jenny and Leda, Nona and Poppy came. Actually, they overlapped by about fifteen minutes. We had a very laid back (by Doron standards) few days with N&P. That's not to say we didn't do a lot of running around, but our days were spent making spontaneous plans based on whatever Aiyana and I wanted to do, which mostly means going to playgrounds.

We took Nona and Poppy to J.J. Byrne playground on Friday morning. Poppy made himself right at home and cleaned out the sprinkler drains. And Nona and I enjoyed a snack in the sun.



Ollie's Grandma Jane was also visiting and we like to get the grandparents together when their visits overlap. So after exhausting ourselves at the playground, all eight of us indulged in some Italian sandwiches and lemonade. Actually, the promise of lemonade was the only thing that got me to the restaurant, since I was really ready to go home to my DogBunny.


I'm glad I pushed through because lunch turned into a dance party for me and Ollie. And Aiyana did the usual--undressed herself and then tried to dress herself again.



Saturday was a hot one. We were debating between a boat ride to Governor's Island and the Pier 6 water lab. Aiyana and I don't remember the water lab from last year, so we chose that and loved it!


N&P and Z&A had some PB&J.



And then I got treated to an ice cream cone to celebrate my last day of school.


Aunt Kelley, Uncle Ahmadu, and Uncle Jude came over in the evening for a quick visit, and then they did the unthinkable--ALL the adults went out to dinner together and left me and Aiyana home with our babysitter, Kaycie. Yup, you heard me right. A family night out without the kids. Unbelievable right?


I actually didn't mind because I love my babysitter, and evening babysitters usually mean a movie and popcorn.


Nona and Poppy, we had so much fun being silly and cuddling with you last weekend.



Before you were in the elevator I was already asking when you'd be coming back. So I marked the calendar with a strawberry, a purple banana, and an orange, and I'm counting down the days until you come back.


Love and only fifteen more days,
Zadia Love

1 comment: